Can I claim deduction u/s 80C at the time of filing return in case I have not submitted proof to my employer?

Proofs for making investments are submitted to the employer before the end of a Financial Year (FY) so that the employer considers these investments while determining your taxable income and the tax deduction that needs to be made.

However, even if you miss submitting these proofs to your employer, the claim for such investments made can be done at the time of filing your return of income as long as these investments have been made before the end of the relevant FY.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *