If the Investments are made under Section 80C, in which Assessment year can I claim the deduction?

In computation of Total Income of an Assessee, i.e. only for Individual & HUF, they shall deduct the amount paid or Deposited or Invested in the previous year, being the aggregate amount should not exceed 1, 50,000/- .

For example – If I invest in Provident fund of Rs.1,20,000 on 30th April 2018 then I can claim the deduction under Section 80C in the AY 2019-20 [F.Y 2018-19].

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *