- Revised return allows an assessee to rectify the error or omission of facts made at the time of filing the original ITR. When filing a revised return we need to mention details of the original return i.e., acknowledgment no and date of filing original return.
- Time limit to file revised return is anytime-
- before the end of the relevant assessment year; or
- before the completion of the assessment,
whichever is earlier.
- The process of filing a revised ITR is the same as filing an original one. However, while filing a revised ITR, an assessee is required to file it under section 139(5) of the Income-tax Act.
|AY 2019-20||AY 2020-21|
|Due date for filing revised return.||June 30th 2020||March 31st 2021|