ITR Form 2 is for Individuals and HUF receiving income other than income from “Profits and Gains from Business or Profession”. Thus persons having income from following sources are eligible to file Form ITR 2:
- Income Exceeding Rs 50 Lakhs.
- Income from Salary/Pension.
- Income from House Property(Income Can be from more than one house property).
- Income from Capital Gains/loss (Both Short Term and Long Term).
- Income from Other Sources (including winning from Lottery, bets on Race Horses and other legal means of gambling).
- Foreign Assets/Foreign Income.
- Agricultural Income more than Rs 5000.
- Resident not ordinarily resident and a Non-resident.