Who can file ITR 2?

ITR Form 2 is for Individuals and HUF receiving income other than income from “Profits and Gains from Business or Profession”. Thus persons having income from following sources are eligible to file Form ITR 2:

  • Income Exceeding Rs 50 Lakhs.
  • Income from Salary/Pension.
  • Income from House Property(Income Can be from more than one house property).
  • Income from Capital Gains/loss (Both Short Term and Long Term).
  • Income from Other Sources (including winning from Lottery, bets on Race Horses and other legal means of gambling).
  • Foreign Assets/Foreign Income.
  • Agricultural Income more than Rs 5000.
  • Resident not ordinarily resident and a Non-resident.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *